From Namespedia - Names Meaning and Origins
Name: Shenai (शणय)
Gender: Unknown Gender
Meaning: In Indian language, the meaning of word Shenai (शणय) is the manager or administrator of holy Temples. In Australia, Shenai (or Shenaya) is one of the names for girls, meaning a very beautiful girl. In China, Shenai (or Xinya) means a smart and very intelligent person.
Comments: Shenai is a common last name amongst Goud Saraswat Brahmin (GSB) community originating from Goa and Konkan province in Maharashtra. The name Shenai is often spelt as Shenoi in Kerala, and Xennai, Shenoy, or even Sinai in Goa. It was customary in Goa for many Shenai families to add the name of their ancestral village or title after Shenai to highlight their origin, e.g. Shenai-Salgaonker (denoting village) and Shenai-Khatkhate (denoting title) etc.
 Notable Shenai, Sinai, Shenoi and Shenoy
- Anu Shenai Mone - Builder of the original Shantadurga temple at Keloshi (Quellosim), Salcette, Goa).
- Professor Uday V. Shenoy - Well-known Educator, Researcher and Chemical Engineering Professor at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- Professor Krishna Shenai - Distinguished educator and scientist. Non-resident Indian (NRI) Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) at U Toledo, Ohio, USA.
- Professor V. A. Shenai - Highly distinguished educator, Researcher and Chemical Technology Professor at University Department of Chemical Technology, Bombay.
- Dr. Deodatta V. Shenai - Distinguished Scientist and Non-resident Indian (NRI) Fellow of Maharashtra Academy of Sciences.
- Peter Lynn Sinai-Goenkar - Ambassador of India to Austria (1988–1991)
- Purshottam Shenoy Kenkre (Purxetomã Sinay Quencró) - Baron of Calapur was awarded the Order of the tower and sword (Ordem da Torre e Espada) by Portuguese decree dated 3/2/1853.
- Krishna Govindraya Shenoy Dempo (Chrisnã Govinda Rayú Sinay Dempó) - Baron of Dempo, born 4/3/1841 was awarded the Testimonial of Greatness (consideração e munificiência) on the 26/6/1873 by the Portuguese government in Goa.
- Anisha Shenai - Salutatorian from Danvers, Massachusetts, whose inspirational speech "Operation Red Sprinkles" is one of the most downloaded and cited articles from Boston Globe - Boston.com.
- Saratchandra Shenoi - Sahitya Akademi Award winning Konkani poet, writer, translator and Editor. More that 10 books to his credit
- Professor Bellikoth Ragunath Shenoy (1905–1978) - Professor of Economics (at Wadia College, University of Ceylon, Gujarat University, and London School of Economics), and President of Indian Economic Association.
- Professor Sudha Shenoy (1943–2008) - Well-known educator and Non-resident Indian (NRI) Professor of Economics, University of Newcastle, Australia. Daughter of Professor Bellikoth Shenoy.